Vacant Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Level of effort: 100%
Location/ Duty station: Kampala – with minimal field support visits country wide
The job holder will provide financial management technical support to programs in accordance with USTP Financial procedures, accounting policies, Financial Accounting standards and donor guidelines.
Key duties responsibilities.
- Oversee the payment process in compliance with USTP policies and procedures and donor requirement.
- Lead on financial planning & budget management processes by completing and consolidating the program and organizational Budgets
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making
- Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the programme and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations
- Support in the compilation and filing of statutory taxes and other statutory deductions legally liable to USTP.
- Lead on financial reporting by generating financial reports for programs and share/discuss the reports with program teams and board
- Take lead in Monthly, Quarterly and annual financial reporting as required by the different donors
- Verify the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities and other support documentation and approvals.
- Carry out monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts such as Bank/Cashbook, payable and receivable accounts reconciliations
- Take lead on adherence to risk management procedures
- Enforce adherence to internal controls to mitigate financial loss and fraud.
- Coordinate the internal/external audits and donor reviews and ensure that recommendations are implemented on a timely basis
- Ensure that all documents are archived and maintained safely and securely for the periods indicated by donors or sponsors
- Ensure quarterly updates to asset registers and monitor/manage organizational assets in accordance with USTP Financial procedures and accounting manual
- Carry out some field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
- Lead on capacity building initiatives to program and finance staff
- Participate in resource mobilization for the organisation.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Job Specifications, qualification and requirements for the Position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration having majored in Finance and Accounting and any related fields.
- Must be a fully certified public accountant or in final stages of completion of CPA or ACCA certification.
- Post graduate Training in Financial Management from a recognized and reputable institution is an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience in financial management of donor funded development projects in NGO settings from a reputable organization is desired.
- Possesses advanced computer literacy including word processing, excel, and PowerPoint among others.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software like QuickBooks and data base spread sheets.
- A good understanding of dynamics of community programing is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in developing and managing budgets and fiscal control principles
- Possession of good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Proven competences in Leadership and team building skills.
- Knowledge of mobile money payment platforms.
Interested competent and qualified persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic transcripts, telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees not later than Thursday 24th March 2022, 5:00 p.m. addressed to the Executive Director, Uganda Stop TB Partnership, delivered physically in a sealed, well labeled envelope to its office located at third floor, Mukwasi House, Lumumba Avenue, Kampala
- Uganda Stop TB Partnership is an equal opportunity employer, Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- USTP does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Keep Checking for any Openings Since they will be posted here